The new Green Deal Home Improvement Fund opened today (10/12/14) at 9am. Below you can find a summary of the key information relevant to assessors.
£30 million in vouchers will be available and further releases of the GDHIF will be announced quarterly with the next release in February 2015. The £30 million will be split into two categories (once the funding under each category has been committed, no more applications will be taken for that category):
• Up to £24 million for solid wall insulation
• Up to £6 million for two measures from a list of home improvements available under the scheme
Domestic energy customers could receive:
• up to £4000 for installing solid wall insulation (up to 67% of the installation cost)
• up to £1000 for installing two measures from the approved list
• up to £100 refunded for their Green Deal Assessment (only if measures are installed)
• up to £500 more if applying within 12 months of buying a new home (only if measures are installed)
What do householders need?
• A Green Deal Advice Report (GDAR) or Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) that is less than two years old
• A quote from a GDHIF registered installer or provider for work specified on the GDAR or EPC and included on the list of
GDHIF approved measures
• Proof of property ownership (for landlords/undertakings only)
Households can’t apply if they are already getting money back for the same improvements under other schemes (such as ECO, Green Deal Communities, Green Deal Cashback or the first release of GDHIF). Households must make an application and have received a voucher before any installation work commences. The vouchers will be valid for 6 months and are paid within 20 working days following receipt of submission.
The full terms and conditions for households participating in the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund are available online: https://energy-saving-home-improvement-fund.service.gov.uk/Downloads/GDHIF2_TermsAndConditions.pdf
For any further information or enquiries, please contact us on 0845 621 11 11